Friday 19 September 2008

What is going on!


Everything seems to be getting more intelligent. A few years back I read about how bacteria is getting more advanced and how the friendly bacteria that you can buy today will be so much more friendly in years to come that’ll you’ll actually be able to have a chat with it.

When I was younger, all bacteria was bad, but that isn’t the case anymore. I’m sure it’s just cos we live in a time where political correctness says you can’t tar everyone with the same brush, even bacteria, so we call some of them friendly. Maybe scientists are thinking by getting the friendly ones on our side , they’ll fight the bad bacteria like a germ version of Star Wars.

Anyway, I’m telling you all this cos I looked at some of the facts you’ve sent and I read the one about broccoli having an IQ of 2. I had a Mensa test last year where I found I’ve got an IQ of 83 which I thought was alright until today when I was in Sainsburys supermarket in the vegetable aisle faced with a big pile of broccoli. There must have been about 100 chunks of the stuff in total, which meant I was looking at something as a gang, had a better IQ than me. It was no longer just a pile of broccoli, it was more a broccoli university. I got back home and looked on the internet to check if the fact was true, to find that some chunks have since been found to have an IQ of 10. Now either the tests have got easier or they are advancing way to quick. It’s gonna get to a point when you can’t call a vegetable a vegetable.

All of this has made me think, maybe this is why we are advised to eat five pieces of fruit and veg a day. It’s so the stuff doesn’t takeover.
via

No comments: